Tuesday, March 30, 2010

a modest proposal

I recieved a letter from the census bureau that I would be recieving a letter from the census bureau. They were correct. I recieved the second letter with a form which I filled out and mailed. A week later I recieved another letter from the census bureau reminding me I was legally obligated to fill out and return the form.
Today the newspaper reported that unemployment fell this month,and that the government had hired a million people to execute the census. I certainly applaud the decline in unemployment but I cant help musing on the number of people employed to send me three letters. If the bureau would send me a dollar I'd contact ten people to insure they returned the census forms and we would save money and relieve the postal service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home